Sensei Dan Nicholson started the Chilliwack Central Karate Club in 2004 at Central Elementary Community School. At the same time, he started the Cultus Lake Karate Club at Cultus Lake Elementary.
School Continues To Grow
The clubs grew by leaps and bounds over the first five years. To accommodate the growth, we opened our very own professional studio in August of 2009 on Rowat Avenue in downtown Chilliwack. After 5 years, we outgrew the Rowat Avenue location and moved to our current, larger location on Young Road. The school continues to grow year after year, and has become one of the most successful martial arts schools in the area!
Try a free trial class before you join.
Sensei Dan “The Karate Man” Nicholson
- Has been teaching Karate since 2001, opened the Chilliwack Central Karate Club in January 2004.
- Holds a 5th degree Black Belt in Meibukan Goju-Ryu Karate-do, a 3rd degree Black Belt in Ryukyu Kobudo Tesshinkan, and a 2nd degree Black Belt in Gekisai Ryu Bujitsu.
- Has won numerous trophies, medals and grand championships at martial arts tournaments in both Canada and the USA.
Sabrina “Shrimp” Bliem
- Holds the rank of Shodan (1st degree black belt)
- YouTuber and Blogger known as The Karate Shrimp
- Proud mother of two kids
- Holds rank of Shodan (First Degree Black Belt)
- Sparring champion in many local tournaments
- Known for teaching good self-discipline, and for her kind nature
- Holds the rank of Junior Black Belt
- Has won Outstanding Competitor Awards in the Pacific Northwest AAU
- Known for her sense of humour, and her welcoming spirit